will provide one-on-one counseling for:
Homebuyer Education Programs
- Homebuyers Education Learning Class
- Search assistance and mobility
- Fair housing
- Budgeting and money management
- Financial Literacy (Credit Counseling)
- Housing care and maintenance
- This may also include guidance in:
- Finding alternative sources of mortgage credit
- How to apply for housing assistance
- Identifying and avoiding predatory lending practices
- Locating housing which provides universal design and visibility
- Finding community or homeless services and regulatory agencies
- Negotiating with lenders for nontraditional lending standards
are housing related education programs mandated by HUD. One of these programs is
(HELP) Homebuyer Education and Learning Program
. Eight hours of training are required of program participants. Individual sessions are also offered to complement group sessions. Classes available in Spanish.
by certified credit counselor with the
National Association of Certified Counselor (NACC)
Post-Purchase/Post Occupancy Counseling
- Credit counseling credit reports duplicates
- Budget and Money Management
- Tri merge credit report (all 3 credit reports in one)
- Single $18
- Joint $20
- Individual credit scores provided
Training includes education programs and counseling activities focusing on:
Displacement and Relocation Counseling Focuses
- Foreclosure prevention
- Property maintenance
- Personal money management
on client's rights and responsibilities concerning the entity causing displacement, understanding eviction proceedings, assisting with locating alternative housing and referring clients to homeless services.
Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling
provides information and referrals to other agencies or banking institutions that will assist clients who are 62 years or older with opportunity to convert home equity into income to help pay living, medical or other expenses. HUD Certification required for reverse mortgage. (Certification valid for 6 months)
Marketing and Outreach Initiatives
include providing general information about housing opportunities, conducting information campaigns and raising awareness about critical housing topics.
provides counseling to persons who are located along the southwest borders of TEXAS. Educational programs and general information is provided for homeownership, land installment contracts, conversion of deeds, rental laws, and fair housing laws.
Family Self-Sufficiency Counseling
is a voluntary program, developed for families and individuals, who wish to improve their financial situation, eliminate dependency and are motivated to change their lives.
- Our Mission is to enable individuals to reach their full potential towards self-sufficiency and independence.
- Our Goal is to foster independence, self-determination, and self-reliance.
To View a List of Our Scheduled Classes, Please Click HERE.